SummerGlen is a gated 55+ central Florida retirement community in Ocala, FL, just a short drive from Orlando as well as the beaches of Florida’s east coast. SummerGlen is one of only five retirement communities in the U.S. to be named to “Where To Retire” magazine’s Hall Of Fame, as one of the top over-55 communities in the country.
At the time of this update though, only resale homes are available.
Central Florida is dotted with several fine active adult communities, but SummerGlen ranks near the top of the list. This remarkable community offers a mix of activities, features and amenities that are sure to appeal to today’s active adults. The homes that you’ll find in this unique active-adult community boast some of today’s finest features. By purchasing a brand-new home here, you’ll have the opportunity to customize it in many different ways. In addition to featuring a plethora of first-rate facilities and activities, SummerGlen is centrally located and offers some of the most affordable prices in the area. Learn more about this well-planned community below.
SummerGlen embraces the idea that older adults can still lead active, healthy, exciting lifestyles. At the same time, it affords residents plenty of opportunities to kick back, relax and enjoy the finer things in life. While enjoying all of these great perks, you’ll also be able to enjoy an affordable home that allows you to travel and embrace an active lifestyle. In short, you can really have it all by choosing SummerGlen.
Key Amenities and Features
Competition is fierce in the world of Florida retirement communities, and SummerGlen is no slouch when it comes to features, services and amenities. A quick perusal of the many exceptional features that are available here should convince you that this is the place for you:
- Golf – The on-site, 18-hole championship golf course is sure to thrill golf lovers to no end. As a resident of SummerGlen, you will enjoy premium access to the course. You will also be able to get first dibs on the best tee times. It’s all right in the same community where you live.
- Golf Club – Before or after hitting the fairway, you can stop in at the Golf Club. The on-site restaurant, Moreno’s Grill, has indoor and outdoor seating. A walk-up window is also available for carry-out orders. Cart storage and a well-stocked pro shop are also on the premises.
- Residents’ Club – The SummerGlen Residents’ Club is the glue that ties this unique community together. Head on over to take advantage of its aerobics and fitness center. Top-quality fitness equipment is available, and exciting programs and activities are always in the works. The club also features a beach-entry swimming pool and a wonderfully relaxing whirlpool. At the club, you can also participate in activities like billiards, cards and arts and crafts.
- Grand Hall – Social activities are always happening at SummerGlen, and the majority of them take place at the Grand Hall. This is also where dining, dancing, karaoke, special shows and events like movie nights and bingo nights typically take place. With more than 8,000 square feet of space, there’s plenty of room for everyone.
- Outdoor Activities – You can take your pick from a dizzying selection of outdoor activities at SummerGlen. The community features horseshoe pits, shuffleboard courts, tennis courts, pickleball courts, bocce courts, a softball diamond, a basketball court and an outdoor playground that’s sure to be a hit with the grandchildren.
- Additional Features – Dog owners will be thrilled to know that there are two community dog parks at SummerGlen; one is for large dogs, and one is for small pooches. The community has an eclectic array of clubs and organizations, so everyone can participate in their favorite activities and find like-minded friends. RV storage is also available (a feature that is in-demand but very few communities offer), and there’s even a community garden.
The Homes of SummerGlen
There are two main styles of homes at SummerGlen, the Designer Series and the Signature Series. In either case, a bevy of exceptional features come standard. You can take your pick from gas or electric ranges, and you will come into a home that’s stocked with top-notch appliances. Builders design these homes with energy efficiency in mind, so you should be able to enjoy some reasonably low utility bills while living at SummerGlen too. Homes features kitchens and baths with gorgeous ceramic tile floors, and every home in the community has its own automatic lawn sprinkler system. With perks like these, it’s little wonder that SummerGlen has drawn so much attention.
Sizes and Prices
At SummerGlen, there is a broad lineup of spacious, tastefully designed homes. The Garden Series features homes that range from 1,300 to 1,800 square feet in space. Prices at the time of this writing range from $148,900 to $177,900. Estates Series homes range in size from 1,700 square feet to 2,500 square feet. As far as pricing, they cost between $176,900 to $209,900, which is exceptionally affordable when you take all of the community’s features and amenities into account.
Ocala and Marion County
It’s easy to see why so many retirees flock to central Florida. SummerGlen is located right near Ocala, which is a fine city in its own right. Marion County, which is where this community is located, boasts sprawling horse farms, gorgeous streams and rivers, charming towns and historic districts and many other picturesque elements. It is located just an hour and a half from the hustle, bustle and excitement of Orlando, and it’s directly between the Gulf coast and the Atlantic coast, so you can take your pick from many lovely beaches. You can set off in a countless number of adventures from your home base at SummerGlen.
Premium Senior Living in Central Florida
At SummerGlen, you can take your pick from several stunning homes and floor plans, and you’ll still have plenty of money left over to live the good life. Right within the community, you can take advantage of a vast array of amenities, features, facilities and services. With a short drive, you can be on either coast or at one of Orlando’s best theme parks. In short, you can have it all at SummerGlen.