Last year 9 Florida communities sold enough homes to make the annual Top 50 Master-Planned Communities list compiled by John Burns Real Estate Consulting.
(Interestingly that's the exact same number of Florida communities to make the list last year.)
It should come as no surprise to see that The Villages again claimed the top spot with 3,419 homes sold. That's nearly 2.5 times the second best selling community in the nation, and a little over 4 times the volume of the 2nd best selling Florida community.
As you probably know I follow The Villages closely, and my prediction is that they will sell even more in 2014.
That said, even the communities towards the bottom of the list in the 200+ sales range should be commended. During my new home sales career the highest number we posted during the boom years was 117 new home sales, and it felt like you were so busy you couldn't get a moment to breathe.
I can't imagine what 3,419 feels like.
Here's the list of all 9 Florida communities to make the cut.
1. The Villages – The Villages, FL – 3,419 sales (#1 Overall)
2. Nocatee – Ponte Vedra, FL – 838 (#5 Overall)
3. Lakewood Ranch – Sarasota, FL – 618 (#9 Overall)
4. Lake Nona – Orlando, FL – 475 (#14 Overall)
5. Valencia Reserve – Palm Beach, FL – 299 (tie for #28 overall)
6. Fishhawk Ranch – Tampa, FL – 256 (#33 overall)
7. Durbin Crossing – Jacksonville, FL – 250 (#36 overall)
8. Riverstone – Naples, FL – 230 (tie for #46)
9. The Bridges – Delray Beach, FL – 225 (#48 overall)