Avalon Trails is a 55+ community in Delray Beach. It is being built on the former site of the (now shuttered) Marina Lakes Golf Course.
It was started by 13th Floor Homes in 2019 with only attached homes available, but Lennar took over in 2020 and is now offering single family homes in addition to the attached villas.
Great Delray Beach Location
There are many pluses to Avalon Trails' Delray Beach location. Avalon Trails is about 6 miles (20 mins by car) to the beach.
There are plenty of great restaurants nearby, plenty of shops and nearby medical facilities, and lots of things to do.
Great Local Restaurants:
- Caffe Luna Rosa – Headed by a team of Italian chefs, Caffe Luna Rosa offers alfresco seating and an elevated, open-air dining room highlighted by granite, authentic artwork and magnificent woodwork.
- 50 Ocean – 50 Ocean’s panoramic, second level floor to ceiling windows overlooking the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as it washes ashore the white sands of Delray Beach, is the backdrop to an unmatched dining experience.
- Vic & Angelo's – Vic & Angelo's menu items are inspired by our desire to transform the American approach to fine, Italian dining into a memorable experience that pays homage to the authentic culinary traditions of Italy.
Things To Do:
- Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens – With rotating exhibitions, tea ceremonies performed monthly (October through May) in the Seishin-an tea house, educational outreach programs with local schools and organizations, and Japanese traditional festivals celebrated for the public several times a year, Morikami strives to spread appreciation for the living culture of Japan.
- Wakodahatchee Wetlands – Part of the South section of the Great Florida Birding Trail and offers many opportunities to observe birds in their natural habitats. Over 178 bird species have been identified there, along with turtles, alligators, rabbits, fish, frogs and raccoons.
- Other options include taking a stroll down Atlantic Avenue, or hitting the beach!
Cost of Living
Delray Beach has an average cost of living for Florida. The cost of living in Florida overall is just slightly higher than the national average.
Prices, HOA Dues, and Taxes
There will ultimately be 105 single-family homes and 208 attached villas.
Here are the site plans:
At the time of this writing, prices range from $358,490 to $565,490, HOA dues range from $325 to $402 per month, and you can expect your real estate taxes to be roughly 1.4% of your sales price each year.
Of course all of that is subject to change at any time.
It is said that the amenities lineup for Avalon Trails will include:
- resort-style pool
- lap pool
- poolside cafe with dining area
- state-of-the-art fitness center
- arts and crafts center
- multipurpose room with stage (for meetings and performances)
- two card game rooms
- two tennis courts
- four bocci courts
Avalon Trails is definitely worth checking out if the Boca/Delray area is on your retirement shortlist. It's a small community so you have to keep in mind that you won't be living the quintessential Florida retirement lifestyle with thousands of neighbors like in some other Florida 55+ communities, but for many people, that's just fine!
14660 Three Ponds Trail, Delray Beach, FL 33446