Already the biggest retirement community in the world, no place continues to grow quite like The Villages.
See what else is on the horizon for this 55+ community in Central Florida:
Projects in the works include:
- DeLuna Recreation Center
- Lake Okahumpka Recreation Center
- Richmond Pitch & Putt
- Clarendon Recreation Center
- Sawgrass Grove Market & McGrady's Pub
- Franklin Recreation, MickyLee Pitch & Putt & Jubilee Putting Course
- Southern Oaks Bridge
- Eastport (a new “Lifestyle Center” similar but different from the town square concept The Villages has deployed in the past)
- Middleton (an area for residents of all ages…not 55+)
Located about an hour north of Orlando, The Villages is the most popular retirement community not only in the state but in the country.
Now home to more than 130,000 residents (and still growing rapidly), people are attracted to The Villages because of its many golf courses, activities, amenities, and the convenience of having almost everything be golf cart accessible.
Home prices start in the $300k's. You can get more information right here:
Of course if The Villages is simply too big for your liking, there are plenty of great alternatives available here.