In late 2020 I made the trip up to On Top of the World in Ocala. Here is a 15-minute video of my visit. Please pardon the background noise in the first minute of the video. It goes away.
Just fyi, we were still in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic at the time this video was shot, so I was required to wear a mask and so was the salesperson I was with.
I posted a more detailed, 60-minute commercial-free video for my Florida Retirement Insider members. You can learn more and join here.
A few key takeaways from this trip:
If the Central Florida area is at all on your radar, put this one on your list to go and visit. I was very impressed and I think you’ll learn a lot from Michael, the salesperson showing me around.
A few key takeaways from my visit:
- ~7,000 homes sold and closed
- This year they’ve sold close to 500 new homes
- Community will ultimately be around 13,000 homes
- 23 floorplans to choose from starting in the $200k’s
- Only single-family homes available. They’ve tried offering attached villas in the past but the demand was just not there
- Only ~20% of residents are snowbirds
- Minimum rental is 6 months + 1 week, unlike other places (like The Villages) that allow short-term rentals. This cuts down on the amount of people in and out which is very nice for permanent residents
- 54 holes of golf (2 private courses, 1 semi-private), several recreation centers, and lots of other amenities
The two words that came to mind repeatedly for me during my visit were “breathing room”.
On Top of the World has just about everything you could hope for in a 55+ community amenity-wise, but nothing felt crowded or crammed together.
Even driving through the neighborhoods, it just felt like there was more space between homes than some other places I’ve seen.
You can request a full brochure with pricing, floorplans, etc. here:
If you have any questions I didn't answer here or in the video, drop them below and I'll try to get you the answer!
And again, be sure to check out Florida Retirement Insider to get the full experience.
Leave a Reply